The CeraMetix® Ceramic Filter Candle is the powerhouse behind Smyth/Cid water filtration crocks. Using AquaMetix® technology, to effectively filter bad taste, odors, and any number of nasty things floating around in your tap water: bacteria, aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, chloramines, chlorine, cysts, fluoride, lead, mercury, nickel, radionuclides, silver, tri-halomethane, VOC’s, zinc, and pharmaceuticals. All in a single, revolutionary ceramic filter element! Made in the USA.
AquaMetix® is a proprietary matrix comprising of at least 2 types of activated carbon, combined with crystalline mono and di-calcium phosphate along with chemically active calcium carbonate, structurally bound with polymers in a highly porous block filter form.
Filter lasts approximately one year, or 1000 gallons use, whichever comes first.
- 0.5 Micron absolute
- 100% Removal of cysts
- 99.9999% Pathogenic bacteria
- >99.9% Efficiency at 0.2 micron
- Meets or Exceeds NSF/ANSI Standards 42 & 53 for the following:
- >99% Chloramine reduction
- >99% Chlorine reduction
- >99% Lead reduction
- >99% Herbicides and Pesticides reduction
- >99% Glyphosate reduction
- >98% VOC’s reduction
- >98% Heavy metals reduction
- >98% THM’s (Trihalomethanes) reduction
- >92% Nitrates reduction
- >92% Fluoride reduction – All types – Fluorosilicic acid/hydrofluorosilicate, sodium fluorosilicate, and sodium fluoride
- >99% Fluorinated Organic Acids (PFOA & PFOS)
- >99% Micro plastic
Filter Specs from AquaCera