Bottled water is convenient to be sure, but when you look at the big picture, the cost of convenience may be too high…
This infographic, presented by Online Education, reveals some interesting facts.
- The price of bottled water is up to 10,000 times the cost of tap water.
- 40% of all bottled water is taking municipal sources (tap water).
- 22% of tested water brands contained chemical contaminates at levels above state health limits.
- 17 million barrels of oil are used in the production of water bottles annually.
- It takes three times the amount of water to produce the bottle as it does to fill it.
- Only 1 in 5 water bottles are recycled. The other 4 contribute to 3 billion pounds of waste from plastic water bottles.